Wednesday, September 05, 2007

i spent much of today in silence, or at least as close to silence as possible. right now all i can hear is my upstairs neighbor's dryer ( i assume) and the friendly crickets outside.

there's quite a bit going on in my life right now, and this morning i just felt God tell me that i needed to be still and listen for Him. i get so distracted by the "noise" of every day life that sometimes i can't even hear myself think, let alone hear God speak. so today instead of filling the emptiness of my apartment with music or tv, i decided to let God fill it with whatever He wanted me to hear from Him. i have to tell you that i heard a lot. nothing is resolved, but i'm at peace (for the most part, anyway. i'd be lying if i told you that there weren't moments today when i felt the need to escape my own skin). as frustrating as everything that's going on is, i think it's good. i think it's really good...


"be still and know that I am God..." (psalm 46:10)


"for the Lord God is our sun and our shield.
He gives us grace and glory.
the Lord will withhold no good thing
from those who do what is right." (psalm 84:11)


"'for I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (jeremiah 29:11)

and finally...

"meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. if we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves... and keeps us present before God. that's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good." (romans 8:26-28 --the message)


love to all...

No comments: