Sunday, October 28, 2007

i'm reading this wonderful book called The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus, by Brennan Manning. in the chapter i just finished, mr. manning was talking about being abandoned to God's will, and thanking Him for everything... even the most difficult things in life. he says that in doing this, we'll hear God say something like this:

"My child, fan the flame of your confidence in Me. Keep it burning. I want you to be happy, to come back again and again to this feeling of trust until you are never without it. Trust is an aspect of love. If you love Me and believe in My love for you, you will surrender your whole self into My hands like a little child who doesn't even ask, 'Where are you taking me?' but sets off joyously, hand in hand with his mother. How many blessings this happy confidence wins for you, My little one.
Keep going blindly. Take delight in knowing nothing about the future. I know how to lead the blind by the best paths. And when this blind person knows that he is My son, she is My daughter, won't they be glad of their infirmity; since it has power over My heart? In all this see My tenderness. It is everlasting."


how beautiful...

No comments: