Thursday, April 22, 2004

i have this habit of worrying about the future... my career, family, yada yada. i always want to know exactly what is going to happen and when. i often allow myself to become pretty stressed by all this worrying, but today i am reminded that God is in control and His will and timing are perfect. i read this passge from isaiah today...

"Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, 'My way is hidden from the Lord; my cause is disregarded by my God'? Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint"
-Isaiah 40:27-31

it's so comforting to know that my God is more powerful than i could ever comprehend... today i am going to rest in His arms, and in the truth that He is in control...

No comments: